Last Saturday's conditions followed the trend of previous weeks in terms of wind strength. With building pressure throughout the day from the North East, sailors were treated to 15-20 kt winds on average once the wind filled in around midday.
There were solid performances in all divisions for both the Mini A regatta and also the Spring Series, with 1st and 2nd in Division One finishing within six seconds of each other and 4th and 5th within two seconds.
Ambitious and Arcturus in Division Two maintained strong performances backing up their top three placings from last week.
In Division Three, Gotcha finished 1st, an improvement from 2nd the previous week.
In the Ynglings, Evie and Miss Pibb battled it out as usual, finishing less than a minute apart.
In the Mini A regatta both the Dragons and Etchells completed three more races on the day with solid fleet numbers.
Podium Results- 15 October
- Saudade – Andrew Parkes
- Much Ado V – John & Michael Stephen
- Hell Razer – Ian MacDiarmid
- Campeador – Jonathan Threlfall
- Ambitious – David Matthews
- Arcturus 3 – Peter Davenport
- Gotcha – Tony Morris
- Windsong 2 – John Vickery
- Norn – Robert Albert
- Evie – Karyn Gojnich
- Miss Pibb – Hamish Jarrett / Max Hayman
- Troika – Callum Thompson / Adam Tran
- Adolescence – Steve Billingham (47 pts)
- Dot – David Seaton (71.5 pts)
- Ganesh – Steve Tracy (75 pts)
- Liquidity – Richard Franklin (21.5 pts)
- Whimsical – Gordon Ingate (22 pts)
- Ascalon – Jim Hawkins / Andrew Howe (49 pts)
- Karma – Gary Wogas (5 pts)
- Miss Pibb – Hamish Jarrett / Max Hayman (9 pts)
- Shining Star – Elyse Guevara (11 pts)
- Troppo – Andrew Pearce (3 pts)
- Java – Paul Wood (9 pts)
- Yknot – Stephen Brady (10 pts)
By Angus Olding