Last Friday was the fifth race of the Audi Alto Artarmon Friday Twilight Series. There were solid numbers present in each division, with a total of 75 boats racing. This is a big increase on the 58 boats that raced this time a year ago. (It's also worth noting that the Clubhouse was brim full - with 480 staying for dinner!) The weather may have been a contributing factor for the popularity of the night, as temperatures reached 31 degrees during the day, with tops of 27 degrees even at 6pm. Wind conditions were favourable too, blowing from the NW at approximately 10 kts. There was some very close racing in Division 2 with the top three boats all finishing within 14 seconds of each other!
This week's 'Audi for a Weekend' winner was Graeme Smith of Gail Force, pictured on the left. Congratulations!
- Gaia – Wayne Jupp
- Wine-Dark Sea – Peter Lowndes & Sarah Goddard-Jones
- Minerva – Tim & Edward Cox
- Well Inclined – Brian McKean
- Campeador – Jonathan Threlfall
- Crackerjack – Dennis Galvin & Chris Harper
- Patsy – Daniel Yaffe
- Margaret Rintoul – Bruce Gould
- Genovefa – Genevieve Slattery
- Cateran – David Wearn
- Valentis – Bruce Foy
- Lolita – Nick Cassim
By Angus Olding